7 great tech gift ideas for your Number 1 Dad!
#1 Dad It's June 10th, we are quickly approaching the middle of the month and not far behind that is Father's Day. Father's Day is Sunday, June 21st this year. Time to get ready for all the barbecues, golf outings, and sports. Expect to see lots of men in "#1 Dad" t-shirts (this always makes me think of the Seinfeld episode, gotta love Morty Seinfeld), or drinking coffee out of a shiny new "Best Dad" mug! Let's be honest, while your Dad will proudly sport the shirt and use the mug if asked neither would be on their wish list.
We all know that shopping for most men is a challenge. Yes, I know that women are typically more difficult. But alas, it's not a regular occurrence to pick up a bouquet of flowers for Dad or some Dad jewelry. Sure you might pick up some chocolates for the Dad with a sweet tooth, but maybe this year you want to give them a gift they will really love? Well, don't worry just like last year, I have some ideas for you!
1. Apple Watch. I know, I know they are back ordered. But not too far. Dave ordered one just a few weeks ago and it shipped ahead of schedule. In fact, it was announced on June 4th that the watch will be available in stores on June 26th. I know Father's Day is the 21st, but you could always give him a voucher and plan a trip to the store and maybe stop for lunch!
2. Fitness tracker. Perhaps the Apple Watch is out of your gift price range, or to techie for your Dad. You could consider the Fitbit ChargeHR (check out my review here), or perhaps the UP by Jawbone. Depending on your Dad's activity and fitness level there are varying models ranging from beginner to advanced features.
3. Wifi on the go. Ok, for the executive Dad, or stylish man you could pick up these Wifi Cufflinks from Brookstone. These fashionable accessories are also a 2GB USB flash drive.
4. Digital Subscriptions. We have pushed these before for Dad or the new Grad! You have a plethora of options out there, from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBONOW, Google Drive, Dropbox and more. Let Dad spend the day binging Game of Thrones or Family Guy if he chooses.
5. Hue starter kit. We have discussed Hue lights here before. Let Dad have some fun creating fun or relaxing lighting moods. Perhaps he is a sports fan, he can create or use a light recipe for his favorite team colors. Hue works with a corresponding app and the bulbs utilize about 80 percent less energy than standard bulbs.
6. Drones. Let's face it, most Dad's are still big kids at heart. Not only do they typically love tech, gadgets, and gizmos but most still probably love toys, Get Dad a drone, they are cheaper than you think! Amazon has one for under $60!
7. Give the gift of style. Whether your Dad has his fingertips on the pulse of fashion or needs a little assistance sometimes this great subscription service from SprezzaBox is the answer. They offer several plans from monthly to yearly. According to their "how it works" section each box contains "4-5 lifestyle items and a grooming product." The boxes selections are based on seasons and current trends. Help Dad always look dapper with a subscription.
Well, there you have 7 gift suggestions for Dad that will beat the pants off that best Dad t-shirt or coffee mug! All but one is a tech gift, so see I can offer other suggestions! Make Dad feel special this Father's Day and put some thought and effort into his gift to show your appreciation for all he has done for you through the years.Do you have any tech gift suggestions, feel free to share them!