By: Jennifer Devitt on August 30th, 2015
Anticipating Apple's September 9, 2015 event. What we can expect.
So, the invite has been sent. Have you marked your calendar for September 9th yet? Have you asked Siri for your hints?
If you're, not an Apple fan, you may have missed the news that Apple has officially sent out invites for its September 9 event. In typical fashion, Apple is being cheeky and cryptic. And of course, there are plenty of rumors for what we can all expect. Let's take a look at some of the most rampant rumors, shall we?
1. New Apple TV. Rumor has it that the 4th generation of the Apple TV is coming and will be announced at the upcoming event. It is circulating that the device will have a big price bump from $99 to $200. Per Apple's invite "Hey Siri can you give us a hint?" it is anticipated that the device will finally get Siri integration. YEAH. It is also rumored it will have a touchpad remote. Other rumblings say that an Apple streaming service will debut, but some other reports say that it's not quite ready yet, so I guess we will wait and see.
2. Watch OS2 release. It is also widely anticipated that the new OS2 will be released. It is expected that developers will gain access to things like the sensors and controls. It is believed that developers of 3rd party apps will be able to develop apps that run directly on the Apple Watch versus communicating thru your iPhone.
3. New iPhone. Be on the look out for the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Rumor has it we will see even better cameras and the ability for professional quality videos. It is said the 5c will be eliminated and that there will be new Gold iPhones, perhaps to coordinate with the higher end Watch Edition.
4. iPad Pro. There are rumblings of an announcement of a new iPad Pro edition to be released later in 2015. It is anticipated the iPad Pro will be Apple's largest tablet measuring at 12.9 inches. Rumors are not as loud on the next iPad, so I guess we wait and see.
5. iOS9. It is also widely believed that we will see the arrival of the new iOS9. Developers have had access to it for some time. I will say Dave always tries out the Beta's, I tend to wait. But seeing the split screen on his iPad has tempted me to move to the beta, but not enough to pull the trigger! Apple is promising for apps to make everyday tasks easier as well as more Siri interaction.
Well, those are the most talked up items expected to be on the agenda during the September 9th event. Which ones are you most looking forward to? I would say here it is the new OS2 allowing us as developers to delve deeper into Apple Watch apps. I also would like to see more ease of use items on the Apple TV. We utilize ours often, being able to utilize Siri or by way of an iPhone/iPad remote would be a welcome addition. It's always fun to speculate what Apple has up their sleeves next, isn't it?