By: Jennifer Devitt on October 20th, 2015
Happy Back to the Future Day! A look at our favorite quotes from the movies!
Dave posing with a DeLorean October 21, 2015. It's finally here. Happy Back to the Future Day! It's a favorite around our house. In fact, the whole trilogy is among Dave's favorites of all time! I like 1 and 2, not so much a fan of 3.
On our honeymoon, we visited Universal Studios. At the time they had a Back to the Future simulator ride and we just thought it was the coolest thing ever. The ride was closed down on March 30, 2007. If you never got a chance to ride it, experience it here via video.
This year there has been plenty of Back to the Future talk, obviously since it is 2015! Here in Chicago, I think it has been ramped up even more with the Chicago Cubs currently playing in the MLB NLCS series against the Mets. Yes, I know the Cubs are down 3-0 in the series, but they have two more home games and this Cubs fan still believes (#FlyTheW). But, anyway onto the blog topic at hand!
Dave watches the movies whenever he has a chance and is often quoting the movie. So, in honor of Back to the Future Day, let's revisit some of what we think are the best quotes from Back to the Future series.
10. Marty: "Wait a minute are you telling me you built a time machine...out of a DeLorean"
9. George McFly: "Last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, that he'd melt my brain."
8. Milton Baines: "What do you mean, you've seen this? It's brand new."
7. Marty: "This is heavy."
6. Marvin Berry: "Chuck. Chuck. It's Marvin - your cousin, Marvin BERRY. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this."
5. Biff Tannen: "Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?"
4. George McFly: Oh! "Hey, you! Get your damn hands off her!"
3. Marty: "Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?"
2. Doc: "1.21 gigawatt?. 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!"
1. Doc: "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" And, Dave's all time favorite dialog from the movie:
Marty McFly: 'Cubs win world series... against Miami'?
Old Terry: Yeah, it's something, huh? Who would've thought? 100 to 1 shot! I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubs.
Marty McFly: I just meant that Miami- What did you just say?
Old Terry: I said I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubbies!
So, tell me, what's your favorite Back to the Future moments! I still say the movie was spot on and the Cubs will turn it around and "This is the Year!".