By: Jennifer Devitt on December 27th, 2015
How custom software solutions can make your business more efficient in 2016.
Another year is coming to an end. How did your business do in 2015? Do you have plans to take 2016 by the horns and make it great? With a new year approaching, many businesses take the time to assess their needs, envision growth, set goals and budgets. Where does tech advancement sit on your businesses list for 2016? If you are still procrastinating on using tech to streamline your business or take it to the next level, what are waiting for?
Have you considered how custom software development can make your business and staff more efficient? Let's discuss some potential software solutions that can help your business in 2016, shall we?
1. Inventory Management System. Let custom software take the guess work out of managing your product inventory. Don't run out of key items again. Let a custom developed system subtract the product from inventory when it is ordered as well as reorder it when the stock gets low. Have the software generate custom reports based on inventory levels and more.
2. Online forms. Eliminate errors by introducing online forms for your employees and clients. Save time, paper and cut down on errors by having forms filled out one time and then routed to the appropriate person.
3. Application programming. Create custom applications to assist various departments and personnel within your company. Perhaps your human resources department is in need of an applicant tracking system. Custom applications can be built to suit your business needs.
4. Customer portals. How do you interact with your clients? Do you still receive faxed orders or email request for quotes? Does your sales staff still generate paper orders after visiting a client? Why not create a customer portal with login requirements allowing for all of these functions to be done online and tied into your inventory management system?
5. Order management systems. Allow your customers the opportunity to track their orders, re-order items, provide order status and more.
6. API Integration. Perhaps your business has daily needs that require gathering information from a third-party. Have you considered API (application program interface) as a solution? Tap into your vendor's via connection to their API's or create an API for your firm to use to communicate with your clients.
7. Systems integration. Perhaps your business could benefit by connecting various existing systems or connecting new software to existing software. Maybe your staff would benefit from connecting systems to Quickbooks or other varying software.
Custom software development can assist you with creating a connection to streamline your business. Custom software solutions can assist your business on almost any level. If you have struggled in daily operations, have a desire to reduce paper consumption and cut down on human errors, software can help you achieve your goals. Talk with a developer today to discuss areas in which your day to day business functions hold you back and take time away from other important tasks. Web-based software solutions can be the answer to saving you time and money in 2016, allowing you to take your business to the next level. What are you waiting for, starting discussing the possibilities now?