By: Jennifer Devitt on May 10th, 2016
Instagram rebrand, kids developing apps and why are internet links blue in this weeks Tech News.
How is Wednesday again already? That's ok closer to Friday, am I right? Who's ready for a dose of tech news? Let's see what I came up with this week.
1. Instagram rebrand. Instagram has redesigned its logo for the first time in 5 years and also debuted an app redesign. I have yet to see any changes to my Instagram feed, but Dave has. He is not seeing updates in chronological order anymore.
2. App lets kids design their own games. Check out the new app Infinite Arcade from TinyBop. In Infinite Arcade the kids are creators and players. They can develop five various arcade type games like ball and paddle, pinball, and a maze.
3. Why are internet links blue? Yes, this article has the answer to something that maybe falls under the "things that make you go hmm" umbrella. Was it done on purpose, what about pre-color monitors? Have a read and find out.
4. Apple has staffed a lab with nurses to boost Apple Watch. This is just further confirmation of my suspicions that Apple Watch is geared for big things in health care and fitness. Apple has a lab that it has staffed with nurses who monitor Apple employees of all fitness levels 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
5. Tech job training for 60,000 Military families. Companies like Amazon, Siemens, Microsoft and more have pledged to train military families and hire vets for up and coming tech industry jobs. Amazon has vowed to train 10,000 military members, veterans and family members for cloud certifications and jobs.
Have you learned anything new via tech news this week? Share it with me. Tech news is all around us, in all industries, it's amazing what we can learn.