By: Jennifer Devitt on September 27th, 2016
iPhone 8, medication monitoring, car tech, Note 7 safety, IBM Watson and Apple History in tech news.
It's Wednesday, so you know what that means, right? It's time for tech news. It seems as though politics has flooded the news after Monday's Presidential Debate. In recent years debate and election news, in general, has dominated social media news, but no worries, I have some reading material for you.
1. iPhone 8. Gee, iPhone 7 just came out and already there are reports of Apple working on iPhone 8 in Israel. iPhone 8 is rumored to be a major redesign.
2. "Is Mom Taking Her Medicine". Caring for aging parents isn't easy. In fact, sometimes it can be a full-time job. Most elderly people take a lot of medicine. How can you be sure it is being taken and taken as directed? Well, Omri Shor is looking to tackle what could be a life and death industry. There are several apps out there to help with medicine tracking. Mr. Shor, founded Medisafe a 30 employee company in Boston. Statistics show that 125,000 people die every year due to mismanaging medications!
3. New car tech from former Apple Engineers. Bryson Gardner, a former Apple Engineer now the CEO of startup Pearl is developing lots of new cool car tech. One item is the PearlRearVision. It is a backup camera built into a license plate holder.
4. Is the Note 7 safe now? Well, Samsung released an updated version of the dangerous device, but it appears to have similar problems! A man in China claims his new "safe" Note 7 burst into flames. Perhaps more time is needed to fix this issue before more damage is caused?
5. IBM Watson to help with 3rd-grade math? Is there nothing IBM Watson cannot do? It's the latest endeavor is to help third-grade teachers with math lesson plans that benefit a classroom of kids that may be at varying education levels. It is assisting teachers plan out and teach Common Core requirements.
6. Today in Apple history "Think Different". I've made no secret that I am a big fan of Apple ads. I find them inspiring. On this day, in 1997, Apple debuted it's "Think Different" ad. It was originally titled "Here's to the Crazy Ones". This article links to the retro ad, as well as a never before seen version of the ad titled "Here's to the Crazy Ones". It also contains my favorite Apple ad "Your Verse", which according to this article contains Robin Williams Dead Poets Society narrations that Steve Jobs wanted to use prior to "Here's to the Crazy Ones" creation.
There you have some quality tech reading material to add to your reading list. Have you read any good tech news this week? Feel free to share it with me. Happy reading!