It's the middle of June, time to get your tech systems in order for a strong finish of 2015.
It's June 17th, we are just about halfway through 2015, can you believe it? How is your business faring this year? Have you implemented any changes you proposed last year? Have you started preparing for the second half of the year? Or, has your to-do list gotten lost in the shuffle of everyday tasks and new crises that pop up daily?
As is often the case, companies take time near the end of the fiscal year to start planning for the next year. Often times, not much is done in the first quarter for budgetary reasons. Now, we find ourselves near the end of the second quarter with only 6 months remaining in the year. It may be time to take a look at last years year end plans and see where you are now. It also wouldn't hurt to take some time to do some housekeeping and check out your systems and websites. Below is a "to-do list" to get you through the rest of the year.
1. Website checkup. Take some time to go over your company website. Be on the look out for outdated information and bad links. Have you had contact information changes? Make sure the information is current and that clients and/or potential clients can reach you. How about your content, can it use a refresh?
2. Prepare for the holiday rush. If your company is in retail, it's time to get ready for the holiday rush. Is your e-commerce system in order? Do you have an inventory management system in place to make sure you have adequate stock available during the biggest shopping season?
3. Get your mobile house in order. If you didn't do this in time for "mobileggedon" back on April 21, 2015, when Google made changes to promote mobile friendly sites, then there is no time like the present to have a responsive, mobile friendly site.
4. Check for system updates. Take some time to make sure all of your software is up to date when it comes to updates and patches. In order for your programs, software, and applications to run as smoothly and safely as possible, it is key to keep up with developer updates.
5. Clean house. Go through your devices and clean out any apps you no longer use. Take some time to run CCleaner. You can find a free one via CNET. Remove cookies, empty trash and just declutter all in a few minutes. Also, take some time to go through your apps and check to see what apps you have authorized to communicate with other apps and if you still want that access to be open. If you no longer use something make sure to you revoke any access you no longer have a need for.
6. Backup your systems and do some password updates. Make sure all your information is being backed up so you don't loose everything one day. Also, take some time to update passwords you've been using too long, and if you have not yet, get rid of the simple passwords you've been using since you first created a password.
7. Think about your needs going forward. Take some time to think about how your business functions on a daily basis. Are you using outdated systems? Is there a more cost effective way to complete everyday tasks? Take a look at our recent blog on 5 ways custom software fuels global business for some ideas on how to streamline your business. Talk to a developer today to make your business run smoother, save time and money by using custom software to streamline everyday tasks.
So, there you go, a business "honey-do list". Most of these things can be done in a short amount of time and should be regular activities. It's time to stop procrastinating and tackle the wish list that you created at the end of 2014. Move your business forward, declutter and be ready for the rest of the year.