It's time for SYDCON's annual 10 minute Thanksgiving challenge. Are you game?
Well, here we are, Thanksgiving week. Can you believe it? I know my parents and in-laws always said as you get older the time just flies by and boy they were not kidding. This has been a whirlwind year. I am very grateful to say it has been another good year for us here at SYDCON. This week, on the blog we have a tradition of counting our blessings and reflecting on the things we are thankful for.
Over the past few years, I have set aside a ten-minute window to jot down the things that come to mind that I am most grateful for. I have so many things, I can guarantee there will be things I wish I had gotten in during the allotted ten minutes. But, alas I am oh so glad I have an abundance of things to be thankful for that my list would exceed the time. So, if you will indulge me, here we go.
1. Family. From my husband and kids to our siblings, parents and next generation of kids.
2. Zamboni the spoiled Westie dog.
3. Home. A place to just be and watch our kids grow.
4. SYDCON. A successful, growing business that Dave and I established together.
5. Our clients. Whom without we would not be where we are today.
6. Our staff. Our staff has doubled this year and we are thankful for each and every one of them. They are dedicated and hardworking and part of our family. Without them, we also would not be where we are today.
7. Family vacations. I love the time that we are fortunate enough to carve out to spend with each other and our rapidly growing children. Making new memories and sharing new experiences.
8. Technology. It has grown our business and become a hobby. It has helped make me healthier, smarter and more successful.
9. Date night. I am thankful that after all these years and working together growing a business Dave and I still make time for date night.
10. Warm boots. Being a Chicago native, I am oh so thankful to have warm, cozy boots all winter long.
11. Sushi and Martinis. These are two of my go-to treats for relaxing and enjoying good company.
12. Wine. Who isn't thankful for a great bottle of wine and the people you share it with?
13. Netflix. For those times when you want to relax and chill with an old show or movie or binge on something new.
14. Traditions. I am thankful for the traditions we enjoy as a family. From Disney to the beach to cooking and holiday decorating.
15. Another day. I am beyond thankful to have another day to appreciate and spend time with aging family members.
16. Candles and a fireplace. I love cozying up by the fire with the scent of candles filling the house.
17. Photos. I am thankful for my growing collection of pictures documenting how quickly our children are growing. To go back and relive all the memories is priceless.
18. Health and happiness. I am so grateful that my family is healthy and happy.
19. Music. I am grateful for my love of a wide variety of music and the escape it can provide from distraction.
20. Fitness. I am thankful for my decision to become more fit. Not just for me, but for my family.
21. Memories. I am thankful for the memories we share and the new ones awaiting us.
22. Opportunity. I am thankful for the many opportunities I have had as well as the ones my children have had thus far.
23. Readers and community. I am forever grateful for you the blog readers who take the time to read my thoughts and ideas.
24. Children's gifts. I am so grateful to watch the as our children grow and develop the gifts and talents they each possess.
This year I came up with 24 things during my thankful reflection. Has I went about my list this year, I thought about things that happened and shaped this year. I thought about all the experiences, good and bad. We all have many things to be thankful for, and many reasons behind them. It could be things that are important to you, experiences, people, family or pets. Whatever they are, don't take them for granted and enjoy them when you can.
From all of us here at SYDCON, we wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. May your holiday be happy, relaxing and time you will remember. I hope you will take 10 minutes to think about all the things you have to be thankful for. I am thankful to have had another opportunity this year to write this blog and share it will all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!