Last minute Christmas gift ideas for tech lovers.
It's December 23rd. Have you been procrastinating or have no clue what to give the technology lover on your list? If so, I have some ideas for you. I came up with the five items that the tech lovers in my house would be lost without. So, if you need an idea, check out the list below.
1. PowerGen Charger. This portable, compact charger is great to take with you on the go. It is light weight and chargers iPhones in record time. It can be found at Amazon.com. We have had ours for almost 2 years now, even purchased a bigger one that is better for iPad charging. I would totally be lost without this little guy.
2. SlingBox. We use our SlingBox in conjunction with our Dish Network account but is available with other outlets. We can catch up on our favorite shows while sitting at the rink or dance studio while the kids are at their activities. Heck one time we even watched the Blackhawks game at a rink in Michigan! Check out our review of SlingBox here.
3. Apple TV. This compact little hockey puck sized box allows you to stream from your digital library on your computer to your TV, or from your tablets to the TV. AppleTV allows you to access Netflix, Hulu and HBOGO and more. It can be used in lieu of a paid TV subscription if live TV is not something that interests you. I use it in lieu of DVD's. We transfer our DVD's to our digital library and when I workout I stream my favorite fitness DVD from the iPad to the TV.
4. iPad Air. The latest generation of the iPad, the iPad Air is touted as the ultimate tablet. I have to say I agree. If you missed it you can check out my review of it here. If someone on your list is dreaming of a tablet, the iPad Air is the one to get. It's lightweight, more compact size and stunning visuals make it the top tablet.
5. Chromecast. Chromecast by Google is another streaming device similar to AppleTV. It also provides access to your Netflix, Hulu or HBOGO accounts. Currently, it is more limited than AppleTV. For example, I could not stream anything from my digital library to the TV, like my workout videos or movies we have in our digital library. It comes at a cheaper cost point than AppleTV but has limited functionality. If you are looking for something to watch Netflix or other paid subscriptions on a non-smart TV this would be a good choice at a low $35.
So there you have it, a list of 5 things you could get for the tech lover on your list, or even for yourself. Do you have any suggestions for last minute tech gifts? Perhaps you know of a gadget that we would enjoy. Feel free to add onto my list. If you missed our annual holiday blog, and are looking for something to read as your week winds down, check it out here. Happy Holidays and safe travels to all who are venturing out!