By: Jennifer Devitt on June 28th, 2016
Rainbow Apple Watch bands, evolution of Instagram, iPhone debut, tech in the wine industry and Black Girls Code in today's tech news.
Hey Wednesday, you're here already? That means it's time for more tech news. Hmm, let's see what I have for you this week. One thing I can happily say I can omit this week is our open position. We are thrilled to say it's been filled! But, we are growing, so you never know when we might be looking to add on.
1. Apple gives employees rainbow Watch bands. In order to celebrate Pride, Apple gave each employee rainbow watch bands! They are exclusive to employees, but I would buy one, maybe Apple will make them available to a developer too!
2. The evolution of Instagram. Take a trip down memory lane and see the evolution of Instagram from 2011 to today.
3. Today in Apple History the iPhone goes on sale. On June 29, 2007, the iPhone went on sale and changed technology, mobile, music and business forever!
4. Technology in the wine industry. This is an interesting read by Daniel Burrus. He focuses on the niche wine industry and showcases how winemakers are using technology and apps to expand their business. I love these types of articles. I like to say that in some capacity every business needs to be a technology business to survive.
5. Google gives Black Girls Code office space gift. In efforts to continue to support the importance of tech education, Google gifted Black Girls Code $2.8 million dollars in office space so they could expand their initiative.
So, that's the tech news I have for you this week. Have you read anything interesting that you want to share? I love tech news of all kinds. New inventions, hot new apps, business, software, hardware and more. Happy reading!