By: Jennifer Devitt on July 26th, 2016
The "eye" in iPhone, teen developers, OS3 competitions, Twitter sports and EpiWatch all in sports news.
Whew, we made it to Wednesday! That makes the rest of the week a piece of cake, right? We'll see I guess. Things are rolling right along here in SYDCON- land. I am excited to announce we are growing again with the arrival of our newest developer next Monday! That brings us to 5 full-time software engineers! Don't worry though, that doesn't mean I am too busy for tech news to share with you. Let's see what I've been reading this week.
1. The "eye" in iPhone? Rumors are that beginning in 2018, Apple will add iris scanning technology into its devices. Eye scanning to replace touch id? Things that make you go hmmm...
2. Teen developers. Meet Brandon Boynton, a 19-year-old developer that created an anti-bullying app called the "BullyBox". The idea was conceived after enduring the trials and tribulations of being a bullied teenager. When Brandon was 16 he founded MostBeastlyStudios.com/ creating "apps that make a difference". Today, Brandon is the CEO and Lead Developer! Way to go!
3. Compete via Apple Watch and OS3. YES! Dave and I have been waiting for this since our days of taunting each other in steps on Fitbit! Bring it on!
4. NHL and MLB game streaming comes to Twitter. Twitter will stream games weekly. For the NHL only in the US but MLB is world wide. There will even be a highlight show called "The Rally". No schedules are available just yet, but reports say they will be "out of market games".
5. Apple Watch app for seizures. I've said it before and I will say it again, the future of the Apple Watch is in healthcare. The possibilities are endless. "EpiWatch" by John Hopkins utilizes ResearchKit. The main idea of the app is to give patients living with seizure disorders some advance warning of an impending seizure. The idea is to monitor heart rate to help detect impending seizures.
So, that's a snippet of what I have been reading this week. Have you read any new tech new that you think I would enjoy? Feel free to share it with me. Happy reading!